Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 23:03:28 -0700
From:      "John Smith" <ludwicza@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: colors really dark

Thanks for the quick reply.. no, I haven't changed any of the monitor
settings, and both use the same XF86Config.  I was thinking about 8-bit
color for a second, but does a default install automatically pick this for
you, and is there any way of changing it?  I've used Linux for a few years,
and I know how vim looks between every Linux system by default with syntax
highlighting on, it's just it very dark in FreeBSD's console.  I installed
gnuls and found it to be a much better alternative to FreeBSD's ls, since it
does sorting by extension, and the colors are much brighter, and easier to
see.