Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:22:03 -0900
From:      <axtjr@uaa.alaska.edu>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mitsubishi Pedion em & PAO3

Hello.

Its my hope that someone can help me in my endeavors to get FreeBSD 3.5.1
and and PAO-3.5.1-Release working on my Mitsubishi Pedion em.

Its a PII/266, 96M, 2G partition, w/ 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN CardBus PC
Card (Model 3CXFE575BT), and 3Com Megahertz 56K Cellular Modem PC Card
(Model 3CXM556).

I've downloaded, compiled, and installed PAO3-20001021 package. I grep'd the
/etc/pccard.conf, finding several 3Com cards but not an exact match to my
card.

Leaving the pccard.conf file in place, I rebooted my machine. I got a
message during bootup 'Initializing PC-Card drivers: ed ep fe sio wdc' .

I check the processes after logging in and do not find pccardd running, I
attempt to start it manually and get this error: 'fatal error: No PC-CARD
slots'.

If anyone could give some advice on how to get my laptop online, I'd greatly
appreciate it :) If you need any additional information I'll be happy to
provide it.

Thanks in Advance,
Tom

PS. I'm not actively subscribed to this list, so could you please respond
directly to me. Much appreciated.

* Tom Riley, CNE          University of Alaska Anchorage *
* Systems Engineer	   IT Services, Engineering Team *
* axtjr@uaa.alaska.edu  		   (907)786-1256 *
*     No life ever grows great until it is focused,      *
*          dedicated, and disciplined.                   *