Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:21:02 -0500
From:      "Andrew Batson" <abatson@twcny.rr.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Version 4.5 and Promsie TX4 raid controller

Hello,

	Well I have done a fair amount of searching on this and cannot come up with
answer. Will FreeBSD 4.5 (when it is released) support the Promise TX4 raid
controller? Or does FreeBSD 4.4 release already support it?

	Yes I release that the Promise TX4 is not a true raid control in the sense
that it does not do raid in hardware completely and there are better ATA
raid controllers out there but it was at a price point I can afford.

	I am fairly new to FreeBSD so if this is the wrong list to ask the question
on, please let me know which list to ask.

Thanks for your help,
Andrew