Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:36:52 -0000
From:      "Jason Halbert" <res02jw5@gte.net>
To:        "Peter Wemm" <peter@netplex.com.au>, "Kris Kennaway" <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, "Rich Wales" <richw@webcom.com>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: VCD (was Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ata atapi-cd.c)

Err..  In what way is PAL better then NTSC?  NTSC may have about 100
lines less to scan, but it refreshes 10Hz faster then PAL.  I used to
work in a facility that had a lot of PAL dubbing... if I watched the
PAL monitors for too long I would get a headache.  You can actually
watch PAL flicker.

I must still be missing something even after working in Television.

---
| Jason P. Halbert                 | jason@jason-n3xt.org |
| Transmitter Maintenance Engineer | DALnet: Push^Pop     |
| KC5WEG                           | ICQ#: 86637300       |
| KDAF-TV/DT WB 33/32              | (214) 252-3300       |
|     Experts know more and more about less and less.     |
|                  http://jason-n3xt.org                  |