Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:04:44 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        "j mckitrick" <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: today and yesterday log files

Hi again,

Are you talking about setuid.yesterday, dmesg.yesterday and ipfw.yesterday?

I have traced them to /etc/security.  I have not read the script carefully
enough to determine WHY it does that little trick, but that's where it
happens.

/etc/security is invoked from the /etc/periodic/daily set of scripts.

Patrick.