Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 09:38:05 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with Big Brother AS400 Client

 Hi,

I while ago, I asked members of this list which
network monitoring solution to go with that
comes with FreeBSD.  I was told to try Big
Brother and since I've installed it, it has
performed excellently but with one exception;
we have 12 IBM AS/400's that we need to
collect more information on than the standard
conn, ftp, http, pop3 and smtp.

I downloaded and installed the AS/400 client
for BB.  This client requires the Java Developers
Toolkit to exist on the AS/400 and the Big Brother
server to work.

The client came with a README file that explains
how to configure the client and a sample script
that was intended to run on Red Hat Linux:

#!/bin/sh
PATH="$PATH:/usr/bin/jre1.2.2/bin"
java -cp
/usr/local/bin/bb/java/bbas400.jar:/usr/local/bin/bb/java/jt400.jar
com.shenmfg.AS400BBAgent /usr/local/bin/bb/java/server.properties &

I can't get this to work.  I have posted to the BB
mailing list but haven't gotten a response.

When I try to run the script, I get an error that says "-cp"
is an invalid arguement.

Plus, I don't have /usr/bin/jre1.2.2/bin
I installed the Java Developers Toolkit from
/usr/ports/java/jdk

Can anyone help me?

Do I need to post this on -hackers instead?

Thanks

Joe

Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).
otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice@smed.com.  Thank you