Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 1995 08:52:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@rrnet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Netscape, Doom, and Linux

I just got the linux emulator stuff up, and kind of working.

doom dies with a `broken pipe', and
bsdi's netscape `cannot execute binary file'
so I've got the worst of both worlds. (I missed the patch which fixes this).

so just for a goof, I thought I'd try linux's netscape,
and it nearly worked.  It works well for all of the hosts on
my local net, but if I try to get anything off the real internet I get:

   resolv+: "bind" is an invalid keyword
   resolv+: "hosts" is an invalid keyword

just thought it was kind of curious that it got that far.

eric.
--
erich@rrnet.com
erich@lodgenet.com