Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 18:57:11 -0100 (GMT)
From:      Remy NONNENMACHER <remy@synx.com>
To:        cros <t.cros.twam@pyrenet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WYSIWYG editor for FreeBSD ???

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, cros wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Having recently installed FreeBSD, we are searching a text editor
> working under X11. Something like Microsoft Word (WYSIWYG, making
> tables, ...) would be nice. Of course, we could use LaTeX, but ...
>
> Any advice welcomed.

Applix works fine under FreeBSD using the Linux Emulation. It gives you a
word/excel/powerpoint equivalent (but better, since NOT under M$doze).
Word/excel equivalency is quite good. the charter (powerpoint remplacement)
is far worst but, anyway, xfig is a better choice for 2D drawing.

Applix offer a 190$ deal for the office package under Linux, 80$ for
students.

Note : I'm only a user of the Applix's products, no connections.. BUT, as
everybody say "we better stop using M$ shits" but continue to buy it for
word/excel/pp tripple, NOW *YOU* HAVE NO REASON TO CONTINUE. (Just acting
the way i think).