Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 1995 00:47:00 +0000 ()
From:      "Eric M. Busalacchi" <emb@herman.tiac.net>
To:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New Kernel, pppd crashing system.

	Hello.  I do a 'sup' on a regular basis, and recently I think I
may have found something you might be interested in.  Ever since I
rebuilt the kernel alfter doing a sup on wednesday, whenever pppd stops
or gets killed the system hangs.  I have done a sup everyday this week,
hoping some new files fix the problem.  Anyways, I tried enableing the
kernel debugger, kernel tracing, and dodump, but the system chashes hard
and doesn't even go into a panic.  I can't even reboot with the three
finger salute.  At any rate, this is a major problem, because if the line
drops, the whole machine locks up.  Any ideas?

	Thanks and hope this may help!

--
Eric M. Busalacchi
emb@herman.tiac.net