Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 1996 17:25:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Geoff Wells <geoff@ginsu.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Routing problem.

Hi,

Just w

anted to know if anyone has seen this before.  I'm running a 2.1 system
(486/33, 1 gig IDE) and have the following problem.  When the machine
boots no machine on the segment can contact it but as soon as I ping
anything on the segment it seems to come alive and begins behaving normally.

It would seem that this is a routing problem but the routing tables look
the same before the ping as after.  I know I've seen this problem on a
SUN (Solaris 2.4) once before but I can't remember what was done to fix
it.  Any help is always welcome.

Thanks,
Geoff.