Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 07:58:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Parsons <jparsons@dreamscape.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports collection error?

Hello.  I am running FreeBSD 2.1.5 from the Walnut Creek CDROM.  There
seems to be a problem with the ports collection.  I su to root and mount
the CD drive, go to the directory of the port I want to install (most
recently was /usr/ports/emulators/wine/) and type make install.  The
installation process starts.  When it gets down near the end, it says
something like "installing for programname".  Then my computer restarts
itself.  Is there a bug in cc or in the makefiles somewhere?  Or is this
a problem with some setup?  I have no idea where to even start.  Thanks
for any insight.

Jason