Date:      Sat, 30 May 1998 15:53:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I see one major problem with DEVFS...

I agree with this
it's not a bad idea

If the device being made does not exist then the master directory
corresponding with that the mknod is in is scanned for that name.
if it exists, it's made. Now, here are some implementatioan details..
If it already exists there but was just renamed, should I make it a link?
I think yes (I can do this quite easily).
If the entire directory has been renamed?

with