Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:11:13 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Peter van Heusden <pvh@leftside.wcape.school.za>
To:        CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 teTeX cannot make fonts.

On 2 Aug 1998, CHOI Junho wrote:

> I installed 2.2.7-RELEASE(from FTP) into a new machine(P166). I have a
> problem in teTeX. I installed teTeX-0.4 package and run texconfig, set
> mode to ljfive, set paper to a4(dvips, xdvi), set font directory to
> 'FONTRW'(it complains texmf/fonts/pk directory is missing), and
> rehash, and exit.

Well, the non-existence of this directory will explain why your fonts
aren't created. To solve the prblem, create the texmf/fonts/pk directory
with permissions 777. This might not, however, be the only problem - what
does a ls -l of your texmf/fonts directory look like?

Peter
--
Peter van Heusden |    Its the 90's, and collective action is STILL cool!
pvh@leftside.wcape.school.za | Get active in your union today!