Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:30:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help, DEVFS/MFS is broken...

It's all irrelevent now as someone deleted all the SLICE stuff out of the
kernel tree. Apparently phk an sos are now doing all the work to make
devices dynamic. They will probably delete all the devfs code  as well
so that they have a clean slate to work on..

(I only discoverd it when all my slice files were deleted from my tree on
'cvs update')

It seems that an abstracted disk layer is not considered important enough
to work on..

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is yet another call for help to all those who know the filesystems,
> to help fix this bug before 3.0-R... This is a genuine bug which panics
[...]
> Andrzej Bialecki

julian