Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 03:42:58 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <un_x@anchorage.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   netscape & dos file access

i think i may be crazy here, but i have verified this any times.

i got Netscape for FreeBSD form Netscape's site.
if i modify the "bookmarks" path in the "preferences" file,
whether relative, or absolute, to my W31 Netscapes bookmarks
on my DOS partition, it will crash within 5 minutes or so.
eventually crashing my entire system after a few restarts.

however, i may change this path to my Lynx bookmarks in another
directory on my BSDfs and it will run fine ... ?

i can't understand this!  other programs do fine accessing the DOS
partition, and Netscape shouldn't care where the blocks come off
the hard drive ... ???