Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:50:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>
Cc:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, sam@persprog.com
Subject:   Re: K6

> Or maybe they just suck.  I sure hope not since the price cuts are still
> moving along on both Intel and AMD parts.  I'm not sure if Intel would
> be so
> aggressive in its pricing without AMD nibbling at its toes :-)

Well, for what it's worth, the prices on the Cyrix chips have dropped like
a rock...I can get a 166+ for about $65 and a 200+ for about $85.  Granted
no 'MMX', but they are pretty decent nontheless.  And for that price, it
is hard to beat...the closest Intel 166 (no MMX either)  is still around
$165.

Just my $.02

-Gary Margiotta
TBE Internet Services