Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:45:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: egcs and Qt?

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Alex wrote:

I've been able to port qt-1.32 (directly take from the www.troll.no
web site) without any problem.

the only things was:

   install the qt distribution in /usr/local/qt
   set the variables according to the INSTALL file
   I'm not sure but it seems that it needs the following
   environment variable to be defined

   QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
   CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/qt/include
   LD_LIBARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib
   LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib
   export QTDIR CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH LIBRARY_PATH

   cd /usr/local/qt

   make freebsd-shared

   in /etc/rc add a line to load the shared library at boot time
   for example, copy the /usr/local/lib line and replace qt were it's
   needed. (reboot or execut ldconfig with the right paths)

   use gmake instead of make

   You should be able to build qt without any problems.

   [after I rebuilt kde without any real problems]
   I've never tried with egcs

--
Didier Derny
didier@omnix.net