Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 13:19:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel compile problem

As of a cvsup about 20 minutes ago, all of my kernel builds fail.  These
are using config files that have previously worked fine (and in fact were
pulled from working kernels using awk :).  I rm -rf'd my sys tree and
re-cvsupped, and still it does not work.  It fails immediately after the
load kernel line output.

----
sh ../../conf/newvers.sh THITHLE -DMD5 -DFAILSAFE -DCOMPAT_43 -DMFS -DFFS
-DINET
cc -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
-Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith
-nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include -DMD5 -DFAILSAFE -DCOMPAT_43
-DMFS -DFFS -DINET -DKERNEL -c vers.c
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

  Robert N Watson

Carnegie Mellon University            http://www.cmu.edu/