Date:      Sat, 8 Aug 1998 10:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
To:        cryptic <cryptic@inf.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

:Yes, Hi.
:I was just wondering if you guys "sold" any sub-domains?
:In other words .. would it be possible for me to get a sub-domain like
:gm.FreeBSD.org ? Is that possible?
:I'll pay any ammount. However much you think is suitable.
:I'd just really like it if i could possibly get one.

I am by no means a suitable contact for FreeBSD.Org other than the fact
that I use it and have helped a few people fix some problems.  I doubt
that this "selling" of a sub-domain will be done though.  There are many
reasons why.  Noone knows your intent for this subdomain.  It could just
be to look "cool" in front of your friend's.  But then what happens if you
do something dumb, freebsd.org starts to go down the drain.  People will
have less respect for it.  As far as I can follow the only types of
subdomains handed out by freebsd.org are to the people they affiliate
with.  The servers that are used to download FreeBSD, etc.  The developers
and what not.  Now, I am not sure how much you have to do to be
considered a developer, but the way you phrased your questions does not
lead me to believe that you are a FreeBSD developer.

Now, a quick question for FreeBSD developer's or experienced users.  In
HP/UX 10.20 you can extend a file system size.  In FreeBSD, can you shrink
the size of one partition and then increase another?  For example, my
/var/ is running out of room due to all the log's and the mail stored
there.  Besides making the directory /usr/mail, and symbolicly linking
/var/mail to /usr/mail, is it possible to shrink /usr about 100 megs (1
gig is still free), and then make /var/ take what is left?

    |          ////   "Anything I say represents only my opinion."    |
    | |                      BRANDON LOCKHART                       | |
    |  brandon.lockhart@usinternetworking.com     brandon@engulf.net  |
    |  Work: (410) 897-4551                    Pager: (888) xxx-xxxx  |