Date:      Fri, 25 Dec 1998 22:06:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        Ferguson <doemill@fingers.shocking.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unable to make device node for /dev/X in /dev!

Hmm, for one I would suggest making /usr bigger than / ..
( you'll need it )
In the "Disklabel Editor", you might want to try "A", which is
auto-defaults for all ( I'm sure some will disagree :)
although I do not know that it will affect the "unable to make device node
for /dev/X" error message you are receiving..

I might sound dumb, but did you type -c at the boot prompt, and make sure
your hardware was set correctly? Do you have SCSI or IDE? Are you using
novice install? Also, what version of FreeBSD are you attempting to
install?

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( robert@namodn.com )