Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 21:53:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building ports...

Heya...

I apologize if this is a slight off topic question, but I think it might
be related to -current...

Just loaded a 3.1-STABLE box, and went to build a couple of ports.  First
it told me that I couldn't use the bsd.port.mk because it was too old.
Fine, so I go and cvsup the current sources for /usr/share, and I do a
make install in /usr/src/share/mk.  The files install properly, and I go
to the ports collection.  I go into a number of ports, and try a 'make' an
any given port.  It then tells me the following:

fetch: illegal option -- A

So, it can't go out and grab the needed files to build the port.  No big
deal, I just go grab the source and make it manually.  This is not a huge
problem, but I'm just wondering what I've done wrong, or what I'm stupidly
forgetting to add or do additionally...

Any feedback would be great, TIA!!!