Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:02:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/www/apache13-php3 Makefile ports/www/apache13-php3/files         md5 configure.patch ports/www/apache13-php3/patches patch-aa         patch-ab patch-am patch-an ports/www/apache13-php3/patches.modssl         patch-aa patch-ab patch-ag patch-ak patch-al patch-am ...

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> andreas     1998/09/30 11:16:08 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     www/apache13-php3    Makefile

[...]

Maybe somebody can clarify this for me...I thought one of the
great advances of Apache 1.3 was the ability to build modules
separately from the server, so I'm wondering why we have this
proliferation of apache ports with various module combinations.
Is it not possible to have a (php3|ssl) module port that simply
has a build and runtime dependency on the base Apache port?

-john