Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 19:40:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alterations to vops

> Right, uhm, I'm still not entirely sure of what you mean by "incremental".
> Do you want to give a nice long example of how its done now and how you
> are proposing it should be done?

Like I stated in the original post; currently, certain operations scan
through a number of blocks in kernel space. I would like to be able to
add an off_t to the argument list of said operations, set to VNOVAL by
the caller, then initialized by the VOP, and incremented by it on each
pass. The VOP will return a new error code (ERETRY) when the pass only
partially completed, and the library will iterate.

Marius