Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:11:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP and Celerons...

Heya, sorry I tried this one on -stable and -questions and noone seems to
know, and they actually go so far as to ask me how I got two celerons in a
motherboard...

so I ask here.

I have two PPGA(Socket 370) Celeron 333A's that are on MSI6905 Dual Socket
1 adaptors...

a Tyan Thunder 2 motherboard (onboard scsi, sound, etc.)

I boot an SMP kernel, it gets right past autoboot... then panics

the message was that it "could not find local apic"...

its kinda strange because essentially with these adaptors, the celerons
should be 1) SMP capable, and 2) the same as a PII, except no L2 cache

I know others that ran FreeBSD SMP with celerons... anyone know if theres
some kind of patch I need or modification I have to make to get either
-CURRENT or -STABLE working on this machine? Right now it is running a UP
kernel instead of the SMP one and runs fine.

-Pat

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking