Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:44:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Regina Linert <linertr@agcs.com>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: y2k

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Regina Linert wrote:

> Well, it is pretty silly that your page doesn't address versions.

	Actually it's entirely by design, as in all likelihood "version"
doesn't mean the same thing to us that it means to you. In general with
FreeBSD you are safest with the most recent -Stable version of the
software. All _known_ Y2K bugs are fixed in it. For unknown quantities,
refer to the disclaimers on that web page.

	As for your reaction to Bill's response, for my money he's right.
If you don't show the least bit of inclination to help yourself, why
should we help you? This actually leads to the other reason the page is
vague and generally uninteresting. Frankly, anyone with enough technical
sophistication to understand a better answer wouldn't have to ask the
question in the first place.

Have a nice day,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter