Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:48:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>
Cc:        Terje Elde <delta@xti.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which laptop? Any comment on the vaios?

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Brian Somers wrote:

> <RANT>
.... cut ... cut ...
> And now I find myself out-of-pocket by #90 and with an unusable
> laptop, but at least I was permitted to ``buy'' back my disk drive.
> </RANT>

Which support drone's where this ? UK or US. I've had very good experience
with the Japanese folks; but was dealing through JPD.com. That might have
helped. Mind you, I have had exactly the same sort of fun with the Compaq
folks for an Armada. It is just incredible how much cluelessness they
exhibit, especially as with this unit the 'fault' was a 6 inch nail
through the bottom part of the battery/housing. Nothing else. The machine
even worked/booted just fine. But they claimed they _had_ to replace the
motherboard and swap the screen.

Dw