Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:19:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Julian Zottl <julianz@vsl.cua.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netmask problems...

Hey all, I'm setting up a firewall with the following:
111.222.333.1  111.222.333.2           111.222.333.3
Router      ->    1st NIC  (FreeBSD Box)     2nd NIC -> Switch
I've done this where the 1st and 2nd nic are on different subnets, but
when they are on the same subnet my usual practices are not working!  What
netmask do I need for the NIC's and do I need to change any of the
routing?  TIA,

Julian Zottl
System Administrator, Vitreous State Laboratory
(202)319-5522