Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:55:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Default /var directories/permissions in 4.9R

I've got a new 4.9R box with fbsd installed by the vendor.  However, the
/var partion did not get installed properly and I need to reconstruct it.
I have no other 4.9 systems to compare it with and apparently it's
different from the other systems we have around here.

Are the default layout and permissions documented anywhere?  Or could
someone give me a dump of their 4.9 /var showing just the directories and
their perms?

Cliff