Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 15:11:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        Dwight Tuinstra <tuinstra@clarkson.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: occasional reboots

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Dwight Tuinstra wrote:

> Pardon the "me too", but ... me too.  With high frequency,
> I get a spontaneous reboot when trying to "make buildworld"
> after a fresh install of 4.0-RELEASE.  Subsequent buildworlds
> dump core on either signal 10 or signal 11.  A plain "make"
> will sometimes succeed, sometimes coredump with sig 10 or 11.
> The coredumps seem to happen at random locations in the build.

	Sounds like hardware trouble.

	Key words: random, SIGBUS

--
 Bosko Milekic * pages.infinit.net/bmilekic/index.html * www.technokratis.com
 bmilekic@dsuper.net * bmilekic@technokratis.com * b.milekic@marianopolis.edu

 "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how
  to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."