Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 02:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, dgl@bsdi.com, jim@cdrom.com, papowell@astart.com, wpaul@freebsd.org, ceren@magnesium.net, ryan@ryan.net, murray@bsdi.com
Subject:   Re: Indexing and glossary

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:
%     This is relatively easy to do.  You just go through the document marking
%     up terms to appear in the index as <indexterm>foo</indexterm>, and then
%     let the processing tools do their work.  There are some problems with
%     this (documented on the docbook.org website), but they shouldn't be
%     insurmountable.
%
%     BSDi should be able to provide resources to work on this, in the form of
%     a couple of interns.

  Just as a heads up for everyone I'm going to be coordinating the
work in this area with 3 part-time interns we've hired for the summer.
Hopefully we should see some results by the end of this week.  (I'll
bounce the first couple of changes through Nik and Jim)

  Also, are there any plans to upgrade to a newer version of DocBook?
4.1 was released a few days ago.  I've made a port and am waiting to
here back from Satoshi before committing.

       Murray Stokely