Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 07:36:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@q.closedsrc.org>
To:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel i815 w/ ICH using ata driver

I'm running FreeBSD 4.-STABLE on a Compaq iPaq P3-500, which is based on
the i810 chipset. The only problem that may still be an issue is getting
XFree86 4.0 to work with the integrated video chipset in the i810. Mind
you, this may have changed since the last time I asked some people on the
list.

Also remember that there is also an i815e, which has the newer ICH-2 with
ATA/100, integrated Intel networking (?) for the CNR slot, and some other
newer features.

// Linh Pham
//
// Proud supporter of FreeBSD and OpenBSD
// FreeBSD - http://www.freebsd.org
// OpenBSD - http://www.openbsd.org

/*	"Oregon, n.:
		Eighty billion gallons of water