Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:51:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Wade <mwade@cdc.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp driver info (which card then?)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Greg Lehey wrote:

> Performance isn't even the main thing.  As I said earlier, it's plain
> bloody unreliable.  Linux people avoid the EtherExpress because they
> think something is wrong with the card.  They were surprised when I
> reported that it works without any problems under FreeBSD.  Do we
> really want to change that?

Slightly off subject but with all the discussion about not Intel playing
nicely with the FreeBSD developers...  I've always had the best
reliability, performance, and lower CPU usage with the Intel EtherExpress
Pro 10/100B cards in FreeBSD (and Solaris x86 for that matter).  Are there
better cards out there that I should be looking at?

---
Mike Wade (mwade@cdc.net)
Chief Technical Officer
CDC Internet, Inc.