Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:42:43 +1100 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP4 interpreter on 3.5 or 4.2

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, alex huppenthal wrote:

> I'm trying to write a bit of PHP 4 script on FreeBSD. I can't seem to find a
> PHP 4 interpreter (/usr/ports/lang).
>
> the /usr/ports/lang/php code seems to be version 3?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

You could always try installing it from source... :)

I've installed PHP 4.03pl1 with Apache 1.3.14, statically linked, with no
problems at all. Note that Apache was also installed from source rather
than via the ports collection.

PHP 4.04pl1 with the same Apache doesn't want to work though:

  satin# ./httpd.NEW -f /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
  Floating point exception (core dumped)

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe                              http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/