Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:48:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      czr <czr@dunces.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Swap error

Last night I was compiling MySQL and all of a sudden i recieved an error
that I had run out of swap space and this doesnt seem right. I have never
dealt with this but I am curious if there is a command that I can check
the status of my swap partition. I want to make sure that it is active
because I have a pretty slim install of FreeBSD-4.2 Release. Here is what
I get when i "df -H"

Filesystem    Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a    51M    29M    18M    61%    /
/dev/ad0s1f   883M   457M   355M    56%    /usr
/dev/ad0s1e    20M   1.7M    17M     9%    /var
procfs        4.1K   4.1K     0B   100%    /proc

and my /etc/fstab is as follows

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump
Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1e             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

Thanks,
Burke

FreeBSD dunces.org 4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #0: Mon Nov 20 13:02:55 GMT 2000
jkh@bento.FreeBSD.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386