Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:58:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        Patrick <patrick@eahd.or.ug>
Cc:        Daniel Harris <dannyboy@worksforfood.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: postfix && Maildir

> >And understand the negatives of using the Maildir format?
>
> No. Could you please point me to some documentation on that?

Maildir. Basically what it boils down to is if you have very little mail
Maildir is just as good as mail box format. But the more mail you have the
suckier Maildir performs. It's *alot* easier to deal with one large file
then a directory with tons of smaller files. Especially for searching. So
basically if you never go above a handfull of mail it won't matter to
much. But the more you throw at Maildir the worse it gets.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | Sr. Unix Administrator
Work:           chris.watson@twa.com | Trans World Airlines, Kansas City, MO
Home:              scanner@jurai.net | http://www.twa.com
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"