Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:37:14 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>
To:        "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.7R: no sound when recording with ffmpeg?

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:21:32 +1100
> Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx> wrote:
>
> CM> I have a Celeron 600 and the above ffmpeg parms give me excellent
> CM> video with only the occasional jerkyness,

> 	At what resolution ? I'm impressed if a Celeron 600 can keep
> up with full resolution (720x576 for PAL).

384x288

Given that I'm having problems at that I haven't tried the patch to get
full frame. :)

> 	Hmm, I have an idea which seems to work. Could you try building
> the port with files/grab_bsdbktr.c replaced by the one now on
> ftp.sohara.org in /pub and let me know if it is any better for you.

Ok.  Tried it.  It is better, but still out by a couple of seconds after 5
minutes.  I'm using the following command line;

ffmpeg -vcodec mpeg1video -me zero -intra -b 7200 -s 384x288 test1.mpg

It only uses around 60% CPU with this command line, and 90% CPU if I omit
the '-intra'.  Both attempts had sync problems.

I'm using mplayer to play the video back...

Thanks,

Carl.