Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 16:12:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Vladimir Silyaev <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re:Fortran problems/Linux emu problems

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Vladimir Silyaev wrote:

Hello.

Well, I did the 'doublecheck' so far, without success.
I tried to 'chroot' myself into /compat/linux and encapsulate
all actions by starting a Linux shell by exec-ing a
/compat/linux/bin/sh, without success.

But why should I do that when I know that all systems run all
right before?

Using ldd within this encapsulated environment gives me an error
like this:

root: /bin: ldd dd
/usr/bin/ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: cannot execute binary file
ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit code (126)

This is the Linux dd.

All programs are compiled against Linux ones, I presume.
It is curois to me that some systems are not working properly since
we did the last update.
:>You should doublecheck that your linux executabled are linked against
:>Linux libraries, not FreeBSD ones. You may check that by using ldd from the
:>linux devtools.
:>
:>Another thing what you may try to do, it's to compile from environment
:>'chrooted' into the /compat/linux.
:>
:>--
:>Regards,
:>Vladimir
:>
:>

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinensaal)