Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:19:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jason Nugent <malhavoc@stomped.com>
To:        Marcel Dijk <nascar24@home.nl>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: your mail

The 403 Forbidden error is occurring because of a number of possible
reasons:

1.  you have no default index.html (or whatever the DirectoryIndex
directive is set to) in that directory.

2.  you have no default index.html set up and read permission is turned
off on the directory in question. Without read permission, Apache can't
build a directory listing.

3.  You've got Indexing turned off (again, with no index.html file) in
Apache's Options line for that particular directory.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#options

HTH,

Jason

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 at 3:16pm, Marcel Dijk thought about

> Hello,
>
> I have installed Webalizer and it's producing some nice reports. But I have
> one problem. I want to show these reports to the world via my site. But when
> I place a link to webalizer genereated index.html the user sees a FORBIDDEN
> 403 error in their browser.
>
> What permissions do I have to set so that they can see them? And how do I do
> that.
>
> TIA,
>
> Marcel

Jason Nugent