Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:23:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Christopher W. Aiken" <cwaiken@telerama.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Misc Help Needed

Sorry to bother you.  As a new FreeBSD user I posted
several questions on comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc that
have gone unanswered, so I thought I would give you a
try.

1)  My FreeBSD box is up and running 24/7.  My wife
knows absolutely nothing about computers.  I would like
to set the F12 or Ctrl-Alt-Del key up to do a system
"halt" so that when I'm at the office and we have a
storm in our area, my wife could just press F12 or
Crtl-Alt-Del and safely "halt" my system w/o file
system damage.  Can this be easily done? I tried editing
the keyboard file w/o any luck.

2)  I have an external, parallel port LS120 floppy drive.
This is a 128MB floppy and NOT A ZIP DRIVE.  Is there
any support for this device?  Under Linux I would load
modules "paride/epat/pf"  then I could mount /dev/pf0 and
I could access the drive just as any drive or floppy.
( http://www.superdisk.com  by Imation)

3)  Is there any docu on how to get a "cut & paste" up
and working in the console mode?  I received a URL from
someone that described how to do it for the 2.2.X kernel
but that info does not seem to work unter the 3.4 kernel.
I do get the mouse pointer on the console mode, I just
can not do cut & paste.

Any help or URL here would greatly be appreciated.

---
Christopher W. Aiken
www.cwaiken.com
chris@cwaiken.com