Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2000 10:21:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM>
To:        John Murphy <john253@crosswinds.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install from 4.1 CDROM failed

I get this error message when I try installing on a drive with bad blocks.
DOS is very tolerant of bad blocks. Check for bad blocks with DOS
Scandisk.

Typically a harddrive warranty runs from the date of manufacture which
should be on the drive's paper label, 3 years for IDE and 5 years for
SCSI. Contact the manufacturer and he will give you a number and address
to return it for free warranty replacement.

The replacement will probably be labeled "SERVICEABLE USED PART" and may
be much bigger than the original.

Paul Smith
stork@qnet.com