Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 1996 16:36:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      Tony Jago <tony@fit.qut.edu.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS Diskless Dispare...

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 22:53:10 -0700
> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
> To: Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
> Cc: Tony Jago <tony@fit.qut.edu.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: NFS Diskless Dispare...
>
> > Ouch!  This would be pretty hard to reproduce here since I only have one
> > system which runs -current and most of the time that machine is in Win95
> > :-(.  Try compiling mountd with DEBUG_FLAGS=-g, then attaching gdb to it
> > with 'attach pid'.  If it doesn't fault, set a breakpoint in _exit.
>
> Yeah, I'm a little tied up in CD/release engineering at the moment
> and haven't had the time to chase up the NFS stuff, but once that's
> off my plate..
>
> > I think for diskless root filesystems, you must export the fs with
> > -root=0, otherwise lots of stuff will break.
>
> Tony, you had things set up this way already, right?
>
> 					Jordan

 Yes. I have -maproot=0:0

---
Tony Jago, System Administrator,    E-Mail: T.Jago@fit.qut.edu.au
Faculty of Information Technology,  Web: http://www.fit.qut.edu.au/staff/~tony
Queensland University of Technology.
Box 2434, Brisbane 4001, AUSTRALIA.              "We need more horsepower!"
Phone: +61 7 3864-2573 Fax: +61 7 3864-1959