Date:      Fri, 2 Jan 1998 20:48:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@dds.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS/YP

Hi

I couldn't find a page in the handbook as a guide while setting up NIS: is
there any documentation/howto for that?

And: how do I set up a master.passwd, because when exchanging the file
with other hosts it might be difficult I think: in my master.passwd e.g.
are long passwords (MD5 passwords) and when using those on a Linux box as
NIS client or another FreeBSD host as NIS client without MD5 it might be
difficult: can I also put in non-md5's in there (and how to) or isn't this
such a big problem as I expect it to be...?! (can it safely be combined
with erm... crypt/des passwords? (the same huh) (how do I post-install
that eventually)

Thank you!
Paul

P.S. I run FreeBSD 2.2.1