Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:30:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "hg@glaess.ndh.com" <hg@glaess.ndh.com>
To:        Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
Cc:        majordomo freebsd-isdn <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: i4b and routing

Holger Glaess - hg@glaess.ndh.com
++++ Linux +++ QMail +++ UUCP +++ Eishockey ++++++++++
Don't loose your head ! Don't use Windows 9x !!

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Harold Gutch wrote:

> FreeBSD will not do any "automatic routing". A route to the other
> side of a PPP-connection should be added automatically as soon as
> you configure a device as a PPP-device:
>
> ifconfig isppp0 <my-ip> <remote-ip> link1 debug up
>
> You need to add a defaultroute to the remote side (or if you
> wish, add a defaultroute over your isppp0-interface, although
> routing over IPs is "cleaner"), which can be done for example in
> /etc/rc.isdn or /etc/start_if.isppp0.

i use the rc.isdn and i have changed the parts for my ISP inside of it.

> This is a very inprecise description of your problem. Does your
> ISP route 1 single IP to you or more IPs or even a subnet ?
he have 2 class-c nets for diffrent thinks and for web i must use a
proxy server on port 80 and this machine is in the second net.

my default gateway ist the firt one. (the accessserver)

> In case you are using more than 1 "real" (non-private) IP, all
> you might be missing is "sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1",
> which is automatically performed at boot-time if you specify
> gateway_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf (or gateway="YES" in
> /etc/sysconfig if you still use sysconfig).

donne!