Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:13:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
Cc:        tom@tomqnx.com, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.1-STABLE: nrsa0 T4000 doesn't honor "no rewind"? SCSI errs in logs

Yes- I added the code that tries to unload the tape if things get screwed
up- but some tapes don't eject.

Let's get a sense from y'all- is this a bad idea? Frankly, dump and tar
and other backup programs are fantastically broken if they don't, at each
open, always either explicitly position to a known locatio, or get
position information and use that, or explicitly space to EOD. It seems to
me that if you've lost position information you should try and force the
tape out.

-matt