Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:58:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bad blocks

Well after reading through the mail archives I get the impression that if
you have and error from fsck like this

"BAD SUPER BLOCK. VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST
ALTERNATE."

That the disk is swish cheeze.. I can't believe that since these are new
drives as of two months ago. I run fsck and it's marked clean and I can
mount it. Then on reboot I have to run fsck again to be able to mount it.
It's on a RAID-5 array that up to now was working fine. A power failure
forced the reboot and from then on fsck dies on boot forcing a manual
fsck.

Any idea?

Keith