Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:22:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wouter Van Hemel <wvhemel@vub.ac.be>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Branching www/ for XML development

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Before we go much further on this, I've put up some samples at
>
>     http://people.freebsd.org/~nik/xml-test/

The layout is divided more even, I like it, it looks more balanced than
that big scary right-hand column that's taking over the current homepage.

Did you plan to have this layout on all pages, also e.g. the handbook and
release-specific contents (announcement, errata, ...)?

> This is actually pretty easy to do.  We just change the stylesheet, and
> generate a new set of pages with a different, simpler, stylesheet.
> Providing a "Print this page" link on each page would be trivial.

True. Maybe it'd be usefull to have a different header for documentation
and specific data ('printable'), as opposed to pure web-specific and
redirecting pages; perhaps a bar like the one that's on most pages now,
but featuring documentation-related links such as the print command you
suggested.

Who design these graphics usually (just curious)?

> --
> FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
> FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/
>
>           --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

/ wouter