Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 1996 13:13:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bryan Ogawa at Work <bogawa@netvoyage.net>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        Andrzej Szydlo <andrzej@complex.complex.com.pl>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Administration Books

On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Andrzej Szydlo wrote:
>
> > Where couid I buy books on BSD administration?
>
> At yopur local bookstore.  You may want to check a local University's
> bookstore if one is near you.

I was wondering if this was your problem (mail order from poland?).  This
I don't know about (international mail order of books from poland).

> > Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder, Scott Seebass & Trent R. Hein,
> > ``Unix System Administration Handbook'', Prentice-Hall, 1995
> > Second Edition
>
> This is a good book.  As expected, the procedures don't match 100%, but
> supplemented with "Instaling and Running FreeBSD" from Walnut creek,
> should be enough for you.
>
> You will want the ISBN number; most bookstores willl allow you to order
> books by ISBN.  I'm not near it right now, or I'dgive it to you.  Check
> the page below.

ISBN 0-13-151051-7

I have my copy right here. :)

> > I'd be also grateful for any other suggestions.
>
> Check out "Books" under "Documentation" on www.freebsd.org.
>
> > If some answers might sound like advertising, please send it directly to
> > me, not to the list.
>
> Not advertising, but emphatic support!  :-)

Indeed.

Personally I'd toss in a perl book if you don't know it and want to know
(as someone said, it's a Swiss-Army knife/chainsaw).

This covers Perl4 only, so you may want to wait for a perl5 book (one's
supposed to come out RSN):

Programming Perl   ISBN 0-937175-64-1

Bryan K. Ogawa
Questions or Problems with NetVoyage?  help@netvoyage.net