Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 18:08:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>, FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3 terabytes on one server? (was Re: more than 32 scsi disks on a  single machine ?)

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:

> With the above setup it took 1 minute and 5 seconds to fsck my two disks.

    Do you actually see multiple fsck processes though?  According to
the man page, there should be one per physical disk.  I only see a
single fsck process, even with 9 disks online.

> I hope that you have multiple scsi controllers 8) I just have one
> adaptec 2940 which is adequate for my 2 scsi disks ...

    On the news server, yes (3 NCR controllers), but not on the FTP
server.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.