Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 23:30:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Cat Okita <cat@ki.net>, Geoff Davidson <geoff@ki.net>
Subject:   MotherBoard Jumper Settings...

Hi...

	Just need to check some stuff, after Michael's probing
questions :(

	I shutdown the machine and checked through all my jumper
settings, to make sure that what was set matched what the manual
said should match the CPU...

	Well...

	First off, my CPU is an Intel DX4-100 w Write/Thru.  CMOS
was set for Write/Back...have changed it to Write/Thru...

	Second of all, one of the jumper that was supposed to be
set, wasn't...have set it...

	Third, the Oscillator Frequency was set for 33Mhz instead
of 25Mhz...have fixed it...

	So, I've fixed those...could *any* of those above have
produced the problems I've been seeing?  Or are they minor?

	As far as the cache is concerned, I have:

	4x UM61512AK-15/95282/N52049's
	1x W24129AK-15/95200 (Tag SRAM)

	Am I correct in assuming that the -15 is the speed of the cache?
If so, and I haven't changed that one yet, my CMOS is set for 20ns...
would that produce any of the bugs I've been reporting?

	The jumpers for the cache are set for 256KB/64kbx4...how do I
determine the size of each of the cache chips to determine if *this* is
right?

	What is "the ECP DMA Channel"?  Its currently set for DMA 3...
is that correct?

	Oh ya...Flash ROM Type?  Its set for "5V EEPROM/Flash ROM"...
since I can't seem to find either, nor know what I'm looking for, even
the "Board Layout" diagram in the manual doesn't seem to point this out...
can someone give me an idea of what I'm looking for here?

	Once I send this out, I'm going to try and beat the hell out
of this machine to see if any of this mis-settings happen to be what has
been screwing me up for this long...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org