Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 23:32:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gary Roberts <wangel@wgrobez1.remote.louisville.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, jlemon@americantv.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: locking up

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I get this a lot. It always happens when I'm pressing the CAPS LOCK key
> > at the same time as some other key. I HATE IT because I end up having to
> > kill about 30 vi sessions, etc., etc...
> >
> > This is on 2.1.0-R with XFree86 S3 server.
>
> Does the gdb trick work to get you out?  Looks like this is a bug in
> our console code then, and not the X server itself.
>
> > By the way, after killing the X server, you can find the "lost" character
> > typed (the one that caused the hang) on the virtual console you started
> > X from (eg, at the login prompt)...
>
> Yep!!!  Exact same symptoms here.  Oh Soooooooreeeeeen..  We have
> another nice little bug for you! :-)
>
> 					Jordan

I can get out, with the GDB string.  The only problem is, I don't have a
machine I can use to telnet into the locked machine with :D

Gary Roberts
System Admin. -- Altered Reality.
http://136.165.243.183 -- Main User Pages
This email message is copyrighted and is not allowed to be duplicated,
reproduced, or even seen on the MSN, AOL, or the Compuserve computer
networks.